Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Some Great Tips to Prevent Tarnish From Ever Happening

I don't know about you, but I hate it when I pull out a a nice sterling silver piece to wear and it is completely tarnished. Naturally, I have no cleaner, so out comes an old toothbrush and some toothpaste to try to scrub it clean. And, it always happens just as I am about to leave.

Preventing tarnish is far less work
than cleaning it.
Photo by Rena Klingenberg
Well, Rena Klingenberg has 7 handy little tips for preventing tarnish from ever forming on your jewelry. I am all for a little prevention if it means I don't ever (or almost never) have to clean my jewelry again. And, if you are in the business of selling, this can save you a lot of time and aggravation.

She lists simple solutions from using bags to bag up your jewelry to protecting it from oxidation to begin with by using silver tarnish cloths and she even gives a simple homemade solution to clean up your tarnished items using kitchen items.

Click HERE to check it out.

Now go bead something.

No comments: