Wednesday, July 31, 2013

One Step Looper Pliers Review

I love gadgets - be they for the kitchen, my glass, metal or enamel work - I love gadgets; but, they have to be actually useful. And, like cooking guru Alton Brown, I'm not too fond of unitaskers (perform only one task). That is until I found and fell in love with Beadsmith's One Step Looper pliers. Finally, a tool whose only job is to help me make consistently sized, rounded eyepins and fast!

One Step Looper Pliers by Beadsmith


These wonder pliers help you create your own eyepins by creating the loop and trimming it all in one motion. I think we've all seen how and probably already know how to create an eyepin and, over the years, it has been simplified to make it easier on your hands. But, I remember when I first learned how to create a simple loop, it involved a pair of round nose or rosary pliers, a headpin and some very weird hand/wrist manipulations. If you have to create a lot eyepins or loops, this becomes a real pain in the hand.

Well no more! With Beadsmith's One Step Looper Pliers there is no more weird hand movements. I tried the loopers with a few beads on a head pin, inserted the wire, closed the pliers, gave the loop a tee-tiny little twist and VOILA - a beautiful loop was created. I even tried it using plain wire - creating one loop, adding beads and created the second loop and it worked like a charm. I also found that it is perfect for making that first loop when making spirals.

If you have to make a lot of dangles, having consistent loops is critical, especially if they are all for one project. They also make your work will look professional. With the One Step Looper Pliers by Beadsmith, you can now do that effortlessly and consistently.

The One Step Looper by Beadsmith works with dead soft and half-hard wire in sizes from 18 to 26 gauge and are available locally and online (I bought mine at Spring Beads). They retail for $29.95.

Now go bead something.

No comments: