Saturday, February 14, 2015

14 Days of Valentines - Day 14

Happy Valentines Day!

This day is very special to me because not only is it one of my very favorite holidays (how could it not - hearts, chocolate, romance) but, it's also my wedding anniversary! This year marks 28 years married to the same goofball, I mean husband. Where does the time go?

Any who, that brings us to the last 14 Days of Valentines Day project - a pair of Beaded Heart Earrings designed by Sharon Bateman.

Photo by Wigjig and Project by Sharon Bateman
Although this one calls for the use of the Wigjig Olympus (a wire jig designed to make wirework easier), I think that with a little manipulation, you could do without it. I know I've seen several of these type of wired designs where the beads are wrapped around the main component using wire, but this one's a little different: you actually use thread and beadweave your way around the heart shape.

Cool - huh?

Click HERE to find out how it's all done.

Now go bead something.

No comments: