Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Stay Focused

In a previous post, I wrote about what happens when you get in a creative block and how to work your way out it. Now, I found this really good article about how to stay focused on your goals.

Sometimes, especially when life gets a little hectic, I tend to lose sight of what I want to do and, sometimes, I even start to create a whole new set of goals that really have nothing to do with what I want to achieve. Like creative blocks, it happens.

Then, I read this article on the Art Biz Blog that has seven easy tips to help you stay focused. They are:

1. Know your priorities
2. Share your priorities with those close to you
3. Let it go
4. Practice a standard “rejection line”
5. Believe
6. Hang a sign on your door with the name of your studio or business
7. Ask yourself: “What If . . . ?”

This is a very simplified list - so for a lot more details on helping you stay focused on your goals, click HERE.

Now go bead something!

No comments: