Friday, March 15, 2013

Eat Sushi - Make Earrings

Sushi Tray Earrings by Jessica at jthq.com
Have you seen those cute containers the store bought sushi comes in? They remind me of a quilting technique called "Sashiko." Anyway, I've always thought they had to be good for something else other than storage or recycling. And, I just found out there is. 

Jessica at JTHQ has come up with the brilliant idea to make this pair of Mod earrings out of them.

Not only are they super-cute, but they're also super-easy and super-economical (okay - cheap) and one of the best DIY recycle projects to make that I've seen.


My version of Sushi Tray Earrings
So, I pulled out one of my trays which just happened to have gold details instead of the white that Jessica had. The bonus was that my tray had embossed designs on it - so, they have some dimension too.

Really, it took longer for me to find my hole punches than it did to make the earrings. So, pull out those sushi trays (or other decorative trays), a large and small hole punch, some ear wires and jump rings and make some of these now to wear tonight - you know - to the sushi restaurant.

Click HERE to get all the how tos.

Now go bead something.



No comments: