Monday, October 15, 2012

Diane Fitzgerald's Favorite Beading Projects

Diamond Chain Bracelet and Snowflake created by Pat Powell
from Diane Fitzgerald's Favorite Beading Projects


By: Pat Powell,
      HBS Member

Recently, I had the opportunity to review and play with some great and fun beading projects from the book, Diane Fitzgerald's Favorite Beading Projects (published by Larkcrafts).

I found so many different types of projects in the book that I didn't know which project to select first. But, I soon decided on the Diamond Chain Bracelet. As you can tell from the accompanying photo, I did not stop with one. In fact, I’m still making them with beads other than Swarovski crystal bicones! (I did stop for a breath, however, to make one snowflake. They are wonderful by themselves or used in multiples, as pictured in the book.)

All the projects in the book have very detailed instructions. At the end of the instructions, there are also ideas for project variations with photos. Although, the projects use mostly bead-weaving techniques, there are some that include fibers. The most fun is the Button Doll Ornament. I look forward to going through my button stash and making one of those.

Basically, this is just a great book with something for everyone.

(Editor's Note: You can check out the HBS Library for a copy of this book. Remember, you  must be an HBS member in good standing to check out books. For more information, contact Lillian Skogsberg, HBS Librarian).

No comments: