Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Beaded Fantasies by Sabine Lippert

Scheherazade Pendant by Sabine Lippert
From the Book Beaded Fantasies
Beaded by Carolyn Slater

By Carolyn Slater,
HBS Treasurer/Webmistress
I was very excited to receive my copy of Sabine's book. I love the intricate patterns she paints with the different sizes and shapes of beads. I chose the Scheherazade Pendant as my first project using mainly fire polish beads in greens. I found the directions very easy to follow and the diagrams helpful. 

Sabine uses different sizes of beads to create the structures then reinforces them with netting which holds that shape and also covers any exposed threads. I recommend using fire line for her projects due to the wear and stress factor with the glass beads.

I'm shopping for my next project - the purple Rope Necklace on page 111 and, no, I won't be beading in my car.

Happy Beading!

No comments: